• Skips must be accessible and clear of any obstructions for ease of access.
• Driveway / ground must be suitable for HGV to pass over, fully laden (18 tonne). Kent Skips do not take responsibility for any damage caused to property whilst delivering/collecting skips.
• It is the customers responsibility to report any drainage or manhole covers to driver.
• Skips are not to be moved once Kent Skips have placed the skip.
• Customer to inform Kent Skips of any height restriction regarding wires, trees, etc. A height of 4.5m is required to lift skip onto buck. For access a height of 3.6m is required.
• Kent Skips reserve the right to postpone delivery or not fulfil any order without incurring counter charge from customer through loss of time etc.
• Kent Skips will only do this in unforeseen circumstances and customer will be eligible for a refund or rescheduled delivery.
• No prohibited items to be placed in our skips:
Asbestos (in any shape or form)
Chemical based items (anything that can cause harm to the water course)
Electrical Items (Part of the WEE Regulations)
Household Food Waste
• Vehicle tyres are chargeable. Car tyres are £7.50 each off rims and £10 each on rims.
• Mattresses are chargeable at £18 per mattress
• Kent Skips reserve the right to charge for any non-conforming waste.
• Customer to collect any non-conforming waste Kent Skips may return waste if convenient..
• At no point should wet concrete be poured into our skip. Kent Skips reserves the right to charge for any issues this may cause.
• Kent Skips reserves the right to charge for excess non-recyclable waste.
• Oversized waste could also be chargeable. Eg. tree stumps.
• All Plasterboard to be bagged up.
• Contaminated soil is not accepted and duty of care should be undertaken to prevent contaminated waste being places in the skip(Soil analysis and land history taken into consideration).
• Level loads only.
• The skip should be loaded in a suitable manner and it is down to the drivers discretion to remove any overloaded waste.
• Kent Skips should be informed of any change in waste type, other than that was stated at the point of booking.
• Any waste beside skips will not be collected.
• Payment to be made at point of booking/delivery.
• Skips will not be left at delivery point without payment being received.
• Account customers must adhere to our 30 day payment terms.
• Customers will be responsible for any damage and/or excess wear and tear to the skips and will be liable for the cost.
• Fires/burning of waste is prohibited in skips and customers will be liable for any cost for repairs.
• A hire period of 2 weeks is advised. Skip will not be collected automatically after this period. We ask our customers to phone or email to confirm the skip is ready for collection.
• Once collection has been logged, Kent Skips will collect at our convenience.
Health & Safety
• Customers to be responsible for drivers safety whilst on site and they are not to be put at risk during delivery/collection.